“STORIES IN ART”
Tales from Art that Touch Your Heart
The first story mankind knew was told through paintings…on cave walls. Ever since then countless stories have been expressed through art. On the occasion of World Art Day 2017 (15th April), we at Tell-A-Tale are celebrating art …. through Stories in Art.
What are the stories around art that have tugged at your heartstrings? A painting you saw somewhere or a sculpture you could not stop staring at? A world famous piece of art, or something no one has ever heard of? Made by a world renowned artist, or by cavemen thousands of years ago? Something you heard from your grandparents or a tour guide? Share with us blogs and stories that center around art and you could win exciting prizes. The stories can be your own creations or folklore that you may have heard from your parents and grandparents.
- The entry should be between 500-1500 words long. Entries shorter than 500 words will be rejected.
- Any kind of explicit content will be rejected.
- Shortlisted stories will be published on Tell-A-Tale along with your biography.
- Once shortlisted, you can re-publish the story on your own blog. Do remember to include the following line in your post on your website. “This story is written as part of Stories in Art contest on Tell-A-Tale”
- The contest starts on 10th April, 2017 and will remain open till
10 th21st May, 2017.
- Only original stories written for the contest will be chosen. If your story is a folklore, it should be a re-telling and not copied. Stories attributed to previously published authors will not be accepted. Please note that failure to follow this will result in rejection of your entry.
- Multiple entries (up to 3 entries) are allowed. However, only one will be considered for a prize.
- Shipping the prizes – The winners need to notify us of their mailing address within 15 days of declaration of winner. If we do not receive the address within 15 days, another winner will be chosen.
How to Participate
- Send your story as a Word document attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a picture of the art piece your blog is about, please attach it with the story.
- We’d love to know you as well, so don’t forget to add a brief 100 word biography about yourself in the mail.
- Take a selfie with the art piece (or an old photograph that has you AND the art piece in it will also do), post it on your Facebook wall, like our page (Tell-A-Tale Facebook) and tag us. You stand to win a surprise gift.
- That’s it!
5 Shortlisted entries will be published on Tell-A-Tale.
2 Winning entries will find a place in our Hall of Fame.
1st Prize: Amazon voucher worth INR 1500
2nd Prize: Amazon voucher worth INR 750